The process of incorporation and registration of a limited liability company (LLC) is defined in the Law on Business Organizations.
Before file is submitted to the Central Registry of Business Entities (CRBE) for registration, the following documents and evidences must be created:
1. Copies of the identity card of founders (in case founders are citizens of Montenegro), or a certified copy of the passport if founders are foreigners.
2. Articles on Association, in 2 copies, certified by a public notary.
3. Articles on Incorporation for a multi-member company (if the company is established by several founders), or Decision on Incorporation for a single-member company (if the company is established by one founder). Whatever is the case, document must be delivered in 2 copies, certified by a public notary. The incorporation agreement states the founding stake (which may be in cash, goods and rights), as well as the percentage ratio of the founders in the management and distribution of profits. The monetary fraction of the founding stake for the establishment of an LLC must be at least €1.00.
4. Evidence that an administrative fee has been paid to the account of the Tax Administration, with purpose of registration of the company.
5. Evidence that an administrative fee has been paid to the account of the Official Gazette of Montenegro, with purpose of registration of the company.
6. Evidence that an administrative fee has been paid to the account of the Central Depository Agency, with purpose of obtaining extract from the Central Depository Agency.
7. Registration form of CRBE.
8. Registration form of the Tax Administration (with purpose of VAT payer and excise duty payer registration).
After obtaining the CRBE’s company registration certificate, company must do the following:
- to make a seal;
- to open a bank account;
- to register workforce at the Tax Administration.